Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Memories of Maw Maw Neva

My grandmother, Maw Maw Neva passed away several years ago but one thing that I remember is playing in her rocking chair. I loved that rocking chair and when she passed I asked if I could have it and so it came to live at my house, ugly flowered cushions and all. When we found out that we were expecting my Mom and I decided that it needed to be redone. My Mom sanded it down and revarnished it and then we had new cushions made. Some of it was hand stitched by a nice woman in Lubbock. If you notice the stripes match up from the top to the bottom of the ruffle. The look great and I think I did a good job picking out the 3 different types of material. Since the baby was early the chair was not ready until a couple of weeks ago and I think that it has made a nice addition to the nursery but it makes me miss my grandmother.

No comments: